We provide three types of licensing: One Time Use, One Time Use – Commercial and Personal.
Our One Time Use License
Subject to the restrictions described under Prohibited Uses below, the following are ‘Permitted Uses’ of media purchased from us:
- Editorial one time use in in both printed and online format including social media post promoting article
Our One Time Use – Commercial License
Our One Time Use – Commercial license expands on our One Time Use license in the following ways:
- invitations, advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards up to an unlimited number of prints;
- entertainment applications, such as books and book covers, magazines, newspapers, editorials, newsletters, and video, broadcast and theatrical presentations up to an unlimited number of prints;
- prints, posters (i.e. a hardcopy) and other reproductions for personal or promotional purposes, resale, license or other distribution up to an unlimited number of prints;
- in themes, skins and other electronic software meant for resale limited to a maximum of 480,000 total pixels (for example: 600px x 800px) per media file where un-edited.
- buyer is responsible to acquire any model or trademark releases.
Both our One Time Use and One Time Use – Commercial licenses permit you to use the purchased media in one project only. For use in multiple projects, additional licenses may be required. An exception to this rule is if an image is used in an editorial capacity with a duplicate article both in print and online; one license permits you to use the same image in both mediums.
Our Personal license is intended for private individuals in the following ways:
- unlimited number of use, either printed or online, in home albums or personal social media channels
- all other use prohibited
- install and use the media in more than one location or post a copy of the media on a network server or web server for use by other users;
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the media or the rights granted under these terms;
- use any of the media as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- use media identified as “Editorial Use Only”, for any commercial, promotional, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use. For clarification, in this Agreement “Editorial Use Only” of media means use relating to events that are newsworthy or of general interest and expressly excludes any advertorial sections (i.e. sections or supplements featuring brand and/or product names or sections or supplements in relation to which you receive a fee from a third-party advertiser or sponsor);
- remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the media
- use the media in a fashion that is considered by us or under applicable law to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the media into disrepute;
- use the media in a way that places any person depicted in the media in a bad light or in a way that they may find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to, the use of images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; and c) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use media containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition;
- use media in a manner that competes with our business including, but not limited to, displaying media in any format (including thumbnails) for download or Export on a website or offering media for sale;
- use the media for editorial purposes without including the following credit adjacent to the media or in audio/visual production credits: ‘© “Photographer name” / Apollo Photo’;
- incorporate the media in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the media or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the media as an electronic file;
- to the extent that source code is contained within the media, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of such source code;
- use or display the media in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded, Exported or distributed via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement; or
- use or display media in such a manner that gives the impression that the media were created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of the media.
Please note that by purchasing a license to use the media on this site from us, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the media as per the terms set out in this agreement.
If not stated here, we follow the standard terms published on Finnfoto website:
For any uses not listed here, or for questions regarding our licensing please contact us.